Thursday, September 25, 2008

Taking a Break

I have made a drastic choice, but one I feel very good about.

I have been SO stressed with all the responsibilities that have occurred since June. I have had to be a property manager, a dietician, a care-giver, a housekeeper AND wastewater operator. I haven't handled them all well and my job preformance has drastically been affected. I have starting having stress-related physical symptoms and physical problems of my own. I noticed the change in my body when we went to Mesa. It happened again when I spent a few days in Utah.


I flew home in time to make it to work for my swing shift Tuesday, but the closer we got to home, the worse I felt. My neck started hurting. My headache came back. I had spent at least two days drug-free while in Utah. I didn't go to work that night. I had some of my yearly physical tests that my doctor had wanted scheduled for Wednesday morning. From those, I went to city hall and wanted to resign. They suggested that I try a family emergency medical leave instead. I thought that was a good idea because at that moment, all I could feel was that I couldn't do it all any more. I have 12 weeks this year. I don't have to take them all at one time. I COULD take them as half days if they would let me, which would make the leave time last longer. Right now I never want to go back. It makes me sick to even think about it.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Mom, I love you! I'm glad you are doing this for yourself. Your health and sanity should be a priority and I'm glad you are making it one. You can't put a price on those things and they're not worth sacrificing. I know Heavenly Father loves you and will bless you like he always does.