Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pain in the Neck - Lots of sources

Over the last year I have had problems with my cervical spine. Almost to the migraine headache stage. We (my trusty nurse practiciner and I) have done lots of things to make it tolerable. I've had physical therapy, visited the chiroprator, AND changed my bed pillow. It's been manageable with these improvements. I take my pillow with me when we travel (do you see where this is going?) because it makes such a great difference in my sleep and my pain. I've had the pillow for about six months.

Anyone who has spent any time with me knows about my absent-mindedness. It's getting pathic. It scares me. I would really worry except that I have been this way for years. I'm just getting to the point where I can use the "senior moment" excuse to my advantage!

On this last trip, I finally did what I was afraid I would do on all the other trips. I left my pillow at our motel when we checked out.

(I haven't mentioned the weiner-roasting sticks I left in the motel in Mesa, AZ, have I?

I thought not.....)

I told Tom I would go back to the chiropractor and buy another after hearing what it would cost to ship the pillow from California, but I kept forgetting. So, for the last two nights, I haven't had a pillow to sleep with. Tom offered to let me use his, but it is too hard and raises my neck to an uncomfortable angle. I used a soft afghan, that I could roll up and place under my neck.

Tom wanted to use the car today, so he drove me to work and dropped me off. Our routine is: if he is staying in town, he will come by at my dinner break and take me out to eat. He did that tonight and brought me a surprise....a new pillow! From my chiropractor!! And my chiropractor gave him props for being such a thoughtful hubby! Me too!! Tonight I will shall sleep in style (if I ever get to bed...)

Night!

2 comments:

Ericka said...

It's so nice that we have husbands who take such good care of us!

Coastalgrannie said...

Yes it is. I think we all chose wisely.