Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Emergency Preparedness - Why Wait?

I have been reading one of blogs listed down on the right side of my page - Food Storage Made Easy. If you haven't looked at this yet - DO IT! This site is AMAZING and has so much of the organization work done for us. Take a look at their 72-hr emergency kit - packable in a one gallon milk jug. How easy is that? She even gives you a print-out grocery list and how to pack it. Maybe you guys are all prepared all ready. I know I have increased the supply in our pantry - but I STILL haven't made up the 72 hr kits for the three of us. That was something I wanted to do the first month after I moved in. Here it is THREE months later, and I'm still kit-less.

Don't follow my past example - in Elder Bednar's words, "Be quick to obey..."

Love you guys!

2 comments:

Ericka said...

We have our, but they need to be rotated. Our goal is to raotate them at conference time, but we missed April. So now they are almost a year old. I bet the kids clothes don't fit anymore and Brenna we need a different one for Brenna now.

Coastalgrannie said...

I think that is a great idea - to have an event to remind you to rotate. I am going to follow your example and make sure I have our kits made by conference, and follow your rotation pattern. I had an impression last night that I NEED to get these organized. That's twice I have been "reminded." I'm going to be "quick to obey."