Monday, September 1, 2008

Redwoods

Tom summed it up so well. "God was in a REAL good mood when He made the redwoods." He felt like it was one of Heavenly Father's favorite places. It had that kind of feeling to it. We drove along the Avenue of the Giants, slowly. It took us hours to cover the 31 miles. It was amazing.


Near the road, there were fallen trees, hundreds of years old. You need something for size comparison to grasp HOW big these giants are. This tree was about six feet in diameter!


Here's my little tree-hugger!



Here was a place where we "wide-bodies" felt small. I think that is something we humans need from time to time. I felt small, but not insignificant. I felt blessed. Heavenly Father made all this for us. I felt loved.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to go. It makes me happy that you're taking the time to take trips and have fun. That's definitely a place I want to revisit again! I love you!

Ericka said...

I love the red woods. I remember as a kid driving through them to the Oregon Coast every year. They are truly amazing. Im glad you both had fun.
we all love you
the Skinners

Ericka said...

okay, the previous post was by Jared. I've never been there. I was a little surprized to see a quote "I" left when I hadn't even read it yet.

Coastalgrannie said...

You've been there, Ericka; the year we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Richard's Bronco. We went up through Yreka and came back down the coast. Remember getting lost by Arch rock? And standing in a circle, praying to find our way back to the car? We walked straight through the woods to the parking area. Amazing. We drove through Avenue of the Giants on that trip. AND I'm glad Jared wrote!! Do it more, Jared! We love all of you too!

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

That sure looks so wonderful,Ive never seen big trees like that Jason told me about them when he was looking at your blog it sure does look so beautiful and you are right heavenly father sure did make it right