Saturday, September 27, 2008

Getting Jobs Done


The pace the past few days has been different than I'm used to. I can do whatever I WANT to. I almost feel guilty. I have gotten some important things done, though.

I got a bulletin board put up with daily, weekly and monthly chores for Mom. She seems to like having it. It's a good check-point for all of us. I also thoroughly cleaned the living room Thursday. It took me all day, but I got it done. My visiting teachers were coming over Friday morning and I wanted to get the room cleaned up before they came. It was nice to be ready before they came.

I was able to get the estimate for the window repair signed and back to the contractor. I want to get those replaced/repaired before the storms come.

I will be working on our 72-hr emergency kit today. I found an old-fashioned luggage rack in the storage area this morning. I am putting a plastic milk carton on the bottom and attaching it with a bungee card; that will hold the water bottles. I will place the duffel bag on top of that. I will post a picture when I have it done. My goal has been to have this done by conference, which is coming up next weekend.

Also have a bridal shower this afternoon and need to prepare my gospel doctrine lesson. Will check in later.

No comments: