Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods....

We are making a trip to Eugene tomorrow. I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. Skin and mole check. Woo-Hoo! The drive takes about two hours one way. (when I say we live on the end of the world - I'm not kidding) But Eugene has malls, a really good women's foundation shop (read that new bras!), and Costco. I'm hoping we have enough energy to do some shopping there.

I have been home seven days now and am going buggy. What I hate about it is that I don't feel bad enough to sleep during the day, but I don't have enough energy to do anything. I'm just schlepping around. I identify with Matt's feeling about feeling better when he is getting his "to do" list knocked down. I'm not hyper-active in any shape or form, but I AM goal oriented. Right now I'm not making any of my goals except making and keeping medical appointments. Somehow this isn't what I had in mind.

It's interesting to me (oh really, Paula? Yeah - really...) (just adding a little dialog...) that I made the decision to stay home for a while BEFORE I had gotten the calls about the results of my physical. Once I got all that news, it like knocked the wind out of my sails. I THOUGHT I was tired before....suddenly, I feel exhausted. There's lots to do. Everything just seems overwhelming. Tht sounds a lot like depression, doesn't it? I don't know what in my head and what's in my body right now. Frustrating. WHEREever it's coming from, I wish it would go away.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

I hope that you have a good trip to Eugene. And I hope that you start to feel better. Wish I could help you out. I'm also running on no energy too. I'm glad I'm going to the doctor Friday.

Chrissy said...

It's funny how it's different how you feel before and after you know something that you have. Like if you feel sick, then you find out you really ARE sick, you seem to feel it worse. I'm sorry you are so drained but I am glad you are taking care of yourself. I love you!