Friday, September 26, 2008

Some Health Issues

Getting a physical was a good thing. My level of tiredness was one of my big reasons for getting one. I also had some pains I was concerned about. All of it is kind of tying together. Everything they discovered has a common symptom - fatigue. Gee.


Don't have all the answers right now. Just got a call notifying me of some of the results and that we aren't through. I have to go back next week.

They found through the sonogram that I might have some kind of chronic liver disease. When I had the last flare up, they said I probably had fatty liver disease. Probably the same thing now. Best treatment? Loose weight and exercise. Surprise.

Also they found high blood sugar and an extreme Vitamin D deficiency. I'm so excited....at least I know it wasn't my imagination. I really WAS tired. I'm glad I listened to my promptings. I'm hoping I can get on top of this soon. Part of me is scared but part of me is happy to know that there are actually things I can do. It's better than not finding anything and being afraid. I can get my prescriptions today and start treatment before my next appointment.

No comments: