Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Adventure with Baggage Loss/Delay



I don't recommend this as a practice, but if there are family members who don't update their blogs - board a plane, show up on their door! Demand information! Take pictures! Post them on YOUR blog....

The lack of baby pictures, no updates from two kids - what could I do? I took Mohammad (okay, Mama) to the mountain - Wasatch Mountains, to be specific. I have three days of baby powder, teeny-tiny diapers, and non-burp-producing back patting. Life is good.

Not all has gone smoothly. For the first time ever I experienced the frustration of air travel. I arrived in Salt Lake City and my luggage didn't.

(photo courtesy of http://www.worth1000.com/entries/210500/210892NsUR_w.jpg)

Don't know what scenic route Southwest Airlines routed them through, but I didn't get them back for more than twenty-seven hours. I have always liked Southwest. But I think their service in the "loss/delay" section needs some improvement. I received no information initiated by them after I filed the report. They told me that their policy is that they don't make contact with the customer UNTIL they locate the luggage. I was told I would get a contact within a certain time frame, which never happened. It took supervisory intervention to get information of where they stood in locating my bag.

In the end, they DID offer to reimburse me up to $50 for over-night supplies because of the inconvenience. That was nice and I did take them up on the offer since I wasn't sure I would get it back even the next day.

No comments: