Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lord's Tender Mercies

I mentioned in my "tag" responses that something that makes me smile is seeing God's hand in my life. Today something occurred to me. It's the small things that shows He loves and KNOWS me.

The city I work for just started a new fiscal year. My department got TWO brand new work trucks. Now, anyone who knows me knows I have always wanted a truck, but never had one. My dream vehicle is a 1956 Ford pick-up. A couple years ago we decided we needed a new rig and I was set on a Toyota Tundra club-cab. I wanted a six cylinder. But, when it came to purchasing, we got a Nissan Altima. I have come to love the Altima, but had not given up the dream of the Tundra.

Then came the gas crisis. Nearly $5 a gallon. Kiss the Tundra good-bye. I figured that was the end of that.

So - the new trucks arrive at work. What are they? Toyota Tundra crew-cabs! Deluxe! How cool is that?? I get to drive the truck I love! But I don't have to buy it or refuel it. Does God know how to give good gifts?!! Conquecidence? I chose to see it as a blessing. To me it is another little sign between Him and me. Things at home aren't too fun, but I am doing my best. I'm doing the right things. How sweet to let the Toyota Tundra be the lowest bid when the city of looking for trucks. Who would ever imagine THAT!



Suddenly the early morning pump station circuit doesn't seem so dreary! I'm riding in style. Thank you, Heavenly Father! I love you, too!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

That's the best way to enjoy the truck you want! Without having to pay for it or pay for the gas! Yay, a little more fun is added to your work. I love you!