Thursday, July 31, 2008

Funniest Site

When Tom and I were looking for a house to buy, I spent a LOT of time on the internet real estate pages. I found one site that listed all the MLS listings in the "Greater Portland" area and it had a zillion listings. Right away I found that the real estate agents who go out and take pictures of their listings have NO clue what to take pictures of. They NEED some composition training - BADLY! It was always interesting what they would photograph and what they wouldn't. I remember one listing that had about five shots of the outside of the house, the driveway and the view. It made me wonder what they didn't WANT to show in the house. There was not one interior shot. There were times when I wondered "WHY????" that picture was taken. They would show that the bathroom had a toilet. Good information. But there was no clue as to how the rest of the bathroom was laid out or what condition it was in. You couldn't tell colors. It was a waste of film as far as I was concerned.

It seems that others have shared my frustration with the qulaity of the real estate listing photos. There is a site that show bad and FUNNY attempts at advertising a home for sale. I was looking through it today snickering and chuckling all the while. Check it out!

No comments: