Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ericka's Artwork

This is what Ericka made for Tom a couple years ago. We never found a place in the Tidewater house that made it stand out the way we wanted it to. Well, it has a home now and it looks AWESOME! I think it is the prettiest thing we have in the room!

We put it just above our bed. We found a wooden hanger at WalMart and it goes with the paneling so well. It suits our room perfectly. How did you know, Ericka?

She even changed the fish from a trout to bass coloring for Tom! You can see the feathery lure in it's mouth. So Cool! She does GREAT work. Everyone wants her to get their name at Christmas!

4 comments:

Ericka said...

Wow, it looks good there! It really did turn out good, didn't it? I'm so glad that you finally have a place for it. Had I known that you were going to hang it above your bed, I probably would have made it larger. I'm glad you like it so much. If Jared sees it, it may remind him that he wanted one too. I wonder if he still does?

Coastalgrannie said...

I'm sure he will - He loved Tom's. I noticed I've gotten a view from New Zealand - think it's Jason? I hope so. Hi Jason! Thanks for the beautiful wall hanging...that Tom lets me look at. You know how much he loves handmade stuff. I like the size it is. It's perfect.

Mama C. said...

Wow, what BEAUTIFUL applique work! I'm so envious! I can barely get a block quilt together!!

Excellent job, Ericka!

xox,

C.

Coastalgrannie said...

Thanks - she DOES do good work. Now her hubby wants one for HIS wall! She didn't get her skill from me - think she is channeling my Grandma. She could sew anything. And did.