Friday, November 21, 2008

Visiting Teachers


I have the BEST visiting teachers! They came by Tuesday and they always bring me something. One time it was home canned tuna - YUM! And this time it was homemade whole wheat bread. I had forgotten how GOOD it tastes.
It took me back to when I used to make all my own bread, when Matt and Ericka were really little. Money was tight and I just made everything I possibly could. Ericka was sitting at the table and I gave her a piece of the newly baked bread, of which she immediately took a bite. She hold it up and declared, "CAKE!" I didn't argue with her. It was that good.
I HAVE to start making bread again! All that good fiber and B vitamins.

1 comment:

The Albert's said...

Oh my sweet Paula, I'm so glad you found my blog and I found yours. I can just hear Ericka saying cake and you not correcting her. Isn't funny how our kids change dramatically, & us "old folk" only change internally? You & Tom look as happy as ever.