Monday, November 10, 2008

My Feet Are under Attack!

These are not MY feet.


Don't know what is happening, but my "foundation" is under attack. Mostly by me.

A few days ago, when I was discovering and viewing all the slides, I made a quick run to the closet to get another carousel. I didn't pay attention to the table leaf standing near the door. As I turned to go back to the living room, I caught the edge of the table leaf with my right baby toe. I jammed it pretty badly and it hurt, but I kept going. By the time I got into the living room, it was still stinging and I looked down to see blood pouring out. It was everywhere. As I wiped it, it was replaced and I couldn't even see what I was actually dealing with. The pain was increasing and I had to call Tom from upstairs to help bandage it. It soaked through the first couple band aids we put on. Turns out, I peeled the skin off the end of my toe and jammed the nail back into the toe a little. It hurt like it was broken that night. Changing the bandage was a major ordeal. But, by morning, it was no longer black and blue all over and I could tolerate the needed bandage changes.

So, with one foot wounded, I was working on a sewing project. Standing at the ironing board, I was trimming the threads off the piece I was ironing. The scissors slipped out of my hand - and landing pointed-end down on the top of my left foot. These are my new Fiskers titanium monster-sharp and easy-to-handle scissors. And they ARE wonderfully sharp...now I have two stab wounds - right above my toes. What are the chances?? I don't think I've ever been cut by falling scissors in my whole life!

Here I sit tonight, band aids on both feet. Maybe these wounds could have been avoided by wearing shoes - you say? WHO wears shoes inside??? I BARELY wear them outside! And who needs baby toes anyway?

1 comment:

Ericka said...

You need a release! Here are the emotions tied to feet:
Not liking the direction you are going.
Fear of the future.
Fear of stepping forward in life.

So, maybe that is why your body is attacking you ;)