Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Day


Nature is my greatest teacher. My favorite tree, the beach, and the sunshine this morning. When I get depressed, it seems like the situation is like a big blanket that someone threw over me. I can't find the edge and crawl out from under it. It seems like that is all there is. I start thinking that it is forever.

But it never is. There is always a new day coming. Sometimes, someone else lifts the edge of the blanket and shows me the reality of what I am dealing with. It was just a situation I hadn't dealt with before. Sometimes the blanket is just a clue that I need to find some new tools. I feel like that now.

Depression is something I have fought most of my life. I'm genetically-wired for this problem. I have medical conditions that contribute to it. I have been warned against submitting to it in my patriarchial blessing. Controlling it, overcoming it, and thriving is an on-going project. I have posted about this in the past and I'm sure my moods will chart out in the future. They fluctuate. The thing to always remember, though, is that there is always a point where it ends. No one knows what tomorrow will bringm BUT the sun ALWAYS comes after the rain. The miracles come AFTER the trial of our faith.

Excuse me - I've gotta go enjoy the sun!

1 comment:

Ericka said...

Glad you're feeling better. We have sun too. I wish I could take the kids to the zoo. We'll probably just go the the park.