Wednesday, November 26, 2008

24 Hour Countdown

Thanksgiving is almost here. I can hardly believe it. I'm cooking turkeys today for our church dinner tomorrow. I love that our congregation has an "empty-nest-er's" Thanksgiving feast. It makes it so fun to get together with your church family when your actual family is far away. I'm looking forward to it!

While preparing the bird for the oven, I started rolling things over in my mind and decided that I wanted to list the things I am thankful for. Mostly they are simple things, things you don't think about until you don't have them. And spiritual things.

I am grateful for:

The atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for me
Having printed scriptures in my home that I can study for myself
Having a living prophet to lead and guide us
Sharing my life with a man who loves me and the Lord
Each and every one of my kids
Each adorable grandchild in my life
Having electricity available at the touch of a switch
Having indoor plumbing
Having clean drinking water available at the turn of a knob
Being able to bath with hot water in the privacy of my own bathroom
Having a warm and reasonably secure house to live in
Having shelter from the inclimate weather
Having a reliable vehicle to take me places
Having food available on the shelves of our stores
For truckers and suppliers who make the trips to provide those items
Having medicine that corrects my body's deficiencies
Having durable clothes of my own choosing to wear
Having comfortable shoes to protect my feet

More to come...

No comments: