Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What Do I Do in the Fall?

Plan for SPRING!!

I planted about seven dozen bulbs today! Tulips, daffodils, crocus, and hyacinths. I filled about eight pots. Now I can look forward to having a yard full of color next spring. I tried some color combinations and am anxious to see how they come out. I got a strawberry planter - something like this one - only all the holes are at the same level, not staggered like this one...


I put crocus in the little pockets and placed the top with daffodils, hyacinths and the left-over crocus. I'm hoping for little pockets of purple on the sides and multi-colors on top.

I planted a big planter with pink tulips and assorted daffodils. It will be months before I know how they turned out, but I will post pictures in the spring. But I needed something to look forward to.

We got the big window in the living room replaced today. It was a double-paned one that had lost it's seal. It was all foggy and had moisture inside. I didn't realize what a difference it made in the view until they replaced it.

Today was amazingly beautiful. Cloudless blues skies. The ocean was little rowdy. DEEP blue with perfect full waves rolling in. The swells were large. When they broke, there were two crests - one of the water curling brilliant white in the sunshine, and a gauze-like halo crest of mist just above the white water. It was a wispy outline of where the water HAD been just seconds before.

I sat out on the deck (getting my vitamin D for the day) in the sun, planting my bulbs, using the table we brought from Tidewater. There was no wind. Just the sun warming my skin. I thought it would be a good activity for my mom and I, but it didn't work out that way. So Tom and I enjoyed the deck and the day together.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

Can't wait to see them! I'm still deciding if I'm going to try some bulbs this year. I hope it won't be too late by the time I decide.

Arya said...

Wonderful planters...it will be a wonderful surprise come spring and a basket of color for sure.

Isn't it great to have a clear view - sometimes we forget how bright and beautiful it is outside when our view is all clouded. This is true when it comes to the gospel.

Thank you for reminding me of that - even in a round a bout way.