Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Am I Blue?


I think we are truly moving into the rainy season. We had a nice little squall blow through yesterday. I did some errands and bought some more yarn. (it's a sickness...) Also picked up some books. My boredom fearing quirk is functioning. I have another dental appointment today - just fillings this time. They are going to pull a my last wisdom tooth, but not today.

I'm in a funk:
1)"depression, ill-humor," 1743, probably originally Scottish and northern English, earlier as a verb, "panic, fail through panic," (1737), said to be 17c. Oxford University slang, perhaps from Flem. fonck "perturbation, agitation, distress," possibly related to O.Fr. funicle "wild, mad."

(American Psychological Association (APA):
funk. (n.d.). Online Etymology Dictionary. Retrieved October 21, 2008, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/funk)


Maybe it is being exposed to the TV news all the time. I'm sick of all the negativity in this Presidential compaign. Our economic situation is depressing - especially for someone in my age range. Maybe it's that my body isn't up to speed yet. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's getting our house inspected and knowing all the things that need to be addressed. Maybe it's all those things rolled together.

I need to read my scriptures.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

Too bad we don't live closer.

Chrissy said...

Mommy, I love you. I always keep you in my prayers. I hope you start feeling better.