Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Colonoscopy, or "Oh Say, Can You See..."

The worst part was the prep. Taking the pills and drinking this stuff was disgusting. The only good part was that it took my hunger away. I certainly wasn't interesting in eating after finishing all that! The procedure was nothing compared to that.

The staff at PCH were great to me and I couldn't have treated any better. I wasn't even groggy when I woke up. They found a couple polyps and took them out. We will get the results of the biopsy in a week or so. I have to be on a liquid diet for another 24 hours, just to give those spots a chance to heal over a little before we introduce food.

I have been craving saltines and white bread. Isn't that weird? Of all the stuff I might want to eat, that is what I miss. Tom planned on having pizza tonight, to celebrate and since I wouldn't be able to cook. I went upstairs while they cooked it and ate dinner. They saved me a couple pieces for tomorrow. I am feeling fine, just tired of drinking my meals.

No comments: