Sunday, October 12, 2008

Treasures for the Future

Ericka is a good mom. She makes memories for her kids. She thinks of things I never did and her kids will be grateful for the memories she has created for them. She tries to document fun times and all the special events. I admire that. That were so many things that went unrecorded in my kids lives as they were growing up.
She wanted to get pictures of Faith in her baptism dress at the Portland Temple. While we were there, I was touched. Maybe it's my age. It almost made me sad. I saw this lovely little girl ...

growing up so fast.

Today she is walking with her dad

Posing at the reflective pool, excited and giggly. Do either of them think about what tomorrow brings? The next time they will be taking pictures like this? To have these images to show at Faith's wedding? That is where I think Ericka is brilliant. And it shows what a good dad Jared is - taking the time, getting dressed up in his suit, praying the rain will stop - to make memories.

Can you imagine how much this picture will mean to them in the future? When all the sibling rivalry is over? When the toys on the floor are long gone? And the arguments are just echoes?
Families are forever. But little children are only little and young such a short time. It seems like forever when you are raising them, but looking back it seems to past lightning fast.

Such a treasure we are given. Spirits to love and train. To teach and learn from. Future mothers and fathers. Who knows what they will accomplish? To be part of their dreams and hopes and aspirations is the greatest gift.


The temple always puts things into perspective.

Families are forever, if we can just make it through today.
With love we can.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Those are beautiful! She looks so happy. Those pictures are priceless and that will be more and more through time.

The Wright Famdamily said...

What a great idea!! I wish I had pictures like that of Kylee on her babtism! Ericka is a great mom! Faith looks so beautiful.

Ericka said...

I love this! Thank you so much for coming with us to take the pictures. Your pictures turned out so much better than the ones with our camera, especially the walking ones. None of them turned out. I thought the whole time how the next time we did this would be at her wedding. I know I'll remember this day on that special day.
I love how her dress turned out.

Ericka said...

Oh, and I thought about how the last time she was dressed in white, taking pictures at the temple was when we were sealed 7yrs earlier. Some pictures in the same place. And she wore the same bow in her hair. I love how that bow was made into a bow for her baptism. I'll somehow need to find a way to include it in her wedding:)

Samara Staker said...

I love this post. You are so good. Faith is so pretty and the shots were perfect. It really does put things into perspective!!