Friday, October 24, 2008

Ericka - It's in Our Genes...

I decided to make a carrot cake yesterday. When I got groceries the day before, they had these gigantic carrots. They looked like you could sword fight with them! I bought five and it must have weighed two pounds! They barely fit in the crisper drawer.

So - I grated a couple of these monster orange rapiers, mixed the cake and got it in the oven. I unplugged the mixer - and Mom's mixer has a cord that totally disconnects. the little electric cord fell to the floor and hit one of my toes. What could it have weighted? Four to six ounces? It hurt so badly; I thought I had dropped a can of green beans on my toe! Evidently, it landed with edge of the metal plug prong on my toe. It CUT my toe! Unbelievable. I cut my toe on an electrical cord... Suddenly, cutting your hand on a chicken seems totally reasonable.

1 comment:

Ericka said...

Thanks. At least somebody believes that it's possible to cut yourself on a frozen chicken. And so is falling off a 1 inch patio!