Monday, October 27, 2008

72 Hour Emergency Kit - Update

My goal was it have it completed by conference but all I had at that time was the food and water. We ordered some MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) for the kit. I used individual sized water bottles simply because I had them on hand.

As of today, I have everything assembled and stacked together in the garage - except for medications. That will take some arranging, but I am still working on that. I need to get some more plastic boxes that allow you to set up a week at a time. What I have assembled isn't exactly the way I want it to be, but it IS all together.

I have a plastic trash can for the food, water and miscellaneous items. I used an old camera bag for our first aid comtainer, which worked out really well. I have on OLD suitcase (with wheels) for our change of clothes and toiletries. There are still things I would like to add. I think there are better containers. There are things we currently have in storage that I would prefer to have here. It's a work in process. But, if we had to leave the house in an emergency tomorrow, I think we would be okay - as long as I grab our medicines.

So - how are you guys doing?

2 comments:

Ericka said...

I need to rotate ours.

Samara Staker said...

Good job mom. I need to start one.