Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've Been Tagged - Quirks?

Okay, Ericka.
1. I don't like to wear anything that is "tight." My definition of tight is different than other people. I can't wear necklaces for more than a few hours. I can't wear wrist watches or bracelets or rings. Even clothes that "skim" drive me crazy. They have to really loose - almost baggy. I can't wear long sleeve tops very often, unless it is cold. If I do wear long sleeves, I stretch them out by pushing them up past my elbows during the day. I do that with thermals. It just drives me crazy. I don't know why.

2. I get sensory overloaded in some stores. Like Target. Like Ikea. Too much color, too much visual stimulation, too many choices. They aren't fun for me. I remember this one store in Victorville. It was a new Vons. It was when they first started doing the big "super" stores. Everything was on red risers. They were using the warehouse appeal. They had big mural type ads hanging over the aisles. I would get totally stressed out in there. I stopped shopping there.

3. This one is really weird. I used to do it a lot when I was a single mom. I just did it recently and surprised myself. I think I must have some kind of a shopping disorder. I go in a store and look around for as long as I want. I pick out the things that appeal to me; things I think I would like to buy. (I've only done it in stores that provide shopping carts) It's like impulse shopping - only I don't buy anything. I leave everything in the cart. I know anyone who works retail will hate me for leaving that stuff to be put away.

4. I am the messy one in my marriage. I leave piles of mail around. I don't hang up my clothes all the time, okay, most of the time. I can trash the inside of the car in a week. It looks like I live in it. Tom is so sweet in taking care of me and I am spoiled. I am trying to improve in that area. I don't like this in myself.

5. I hate to be bored. I carry things that I think I can use to entertain myself, which is part of the problem with my car. I carry my scriptures. I carry books. I carry yarn, Cd's, anything that I might be able to use. I am a compulsive crocheter. I always have something with me to work on. I have even carried a spare crochet hook in my glove box.

6. I have a thing for cheese graters. Mostly the flat, old-fashioned aluminum ones, with really large (1/2 inch) holes. They are wonderful for making homemade hash browns. If I see one in a second-hand store, I have to buy it. When Ericka wanted me to go see the new Ikea store in Portland, all she had to say was "They have some neat cheese graters..." I went. I bought. Ericka thinks I have more cheese graters than any one person would ever need. She may be right.

Rules:
Link to 6 people that follow your blog.
Mention on their blog that you've tagged them.
Tell 6 unsuspecting quirks about yourself and ask them to do the same.

I don't have six people who follow my blog. Ericka tagged the ones I might have chosen. So I will tag Arya and Cheryl and anyone else who thinks it might be fun to do. Just let me know you've completed it so I can check yours out.

No comments: