Sunday, December 28, 2008

Vancouver - the Grandkids

Ericka made a rag quilt for each of the kids. Many frustrations, late nights,and sore fingers - but such a great keepsake! Faith's was an aqua kitten one.

Once the presents were opened, this was how we saw Faith:







There were necessarily moments of providing the body with fuel....

And then back to the tasks at hand!




Saturday was going to be our day at the temple, but with the weather's intervention, that didn't happen. The roads improved, but not enough to make it to Tri-Cities. Seemed like someone ought to have a good temple visit, so I really wanted to babysit the kids so Ericka and Jared could go. They have a hard time getting babysitters, and Jared's work schedule is so unpredictable. They have planned several trips while visiting down in Medford and had them not work out. I knew they wanted to go and this was something I could DO to help.

I had two adults there with me and STILL was getting bamboozled by the little guys! Faith was my answer person. she knew were everything was and could translate Cayden-ese and Brenna's signing. I would have been lost without her. We didn't get to do ALL the things we wanted to do, but I hope we were able to make some memories.


I got an education about "heelies." Never heard of them before. Like secret shoe skates.


We went to the mall Monday. She held onto Grandma F's wheelchair and glided all over the mall as I pushed them both. Shopping took on a whole new aspect!


This year Faith made ALL her own Christmas presents, completing some of her Activity Days requirements. Getting to spend time with her created a variety of "(fill-in-blank) pants" jokes and a new and very personal rendition of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." And we won't talk about the Glow Golf score....
She's growing up so fast.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Sounds like she had a great christmas and got a lot of things she really loves. I bet she was way excited about the DS! Go Grandma! Spoil your grandchildren!!.....And children :)