Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another Year


Had an interview with our branch president the Sunday. I am still going to be teaching Gospel Doctrine. This really is like my chance to "graduate" from Institute. I joined the church my senior year and didn't go to seminary and only took a couple Institute classes during my college years. I have a hard time realizing I have been doing this for three years already. I don't know about my class, but I have certainly gotten an education! It has blessed my life so much.

I know some people have said that it is the hardest calling, that they would rather be put in the nursery than teach this class. I know I would, but I like little ones. I do know that it is REALLY hard to get substitutes for the Sundays I have family commitments. People look at me with the same expression I get when I know I HAVE to go to the dentist. I've had one sweet sister beg me not to ask. She offered to clean my house, wash my car, weed my yard - just please don't ask her to sub for me. It's not THAT bad. The teacher gets all the blessings. Truly. I have gotten so many blessings. So many insights and direction.

Church history - wow. I'm going to be reading a lot.

No comments: