Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Grandkids - Part Two

Grandchild #2. Cayden. Melts your heart with his smiles.


Cayden's quilt was a blue puppy. All the kids LOVE their quilts and cuddled with them the whole time we were there. They won't know the time and love it took to complete them for Christmas morning until they are MUCH older. I think they will be treasured for many years.



Both Brenna and Cayden using their new blankets while watching TV


Caught in the car with it.
(Why doesn't this boy trust a Grandma with a camera in her pocket???)



These were taken in the car, by his mom, while coming home from seeing the lights at the Portland International Raceway.



Opening some presents.
I added some books to the Skinner family library. I finished the "Quiet Book" and plan to make one for each of the families, as the need arrives. So - Heather - I'll be working on your next. It wasn't the favorite toy Christmas day, but one they kept coming back to while I was there. I hope it works as intended.

Getting in trouble with Grandpa.

Cayden is so loving. He is the most thoughtful little boy. If his parents are talking about Brenna needing a bib, Cayden is getting up and heading to the kitchen to get one for her. He is VERY pro-active, which sometimes works well and other times gets him in trouble. But he is very generous with his hugs and cuddles. He has the biggest heart.

He loves Spiderman. And anything like Spiderman. Here he is with his "sticky hand." It's tacky enough to stick to these for a short while. He loved throwing it onto the ceiling and having it stick there.

He has numerous Spiderman poses that he will patiently pose in for pictures. He knows the value of keeping your fans happy! With fan comes great responsibility.
I love this next picture. Cayden found my sandals and came over to the table wearing them. Reminded me of the responsibility being a grandparent. There is always some little one watching, trying on your "shoes." Modeling what they see you do. How important it is to have your shoes worth filling.

As I watch my mom decline, and I look at my extended family, I realized something. There are less and less "elders" left. My grandparents are all gone. My dad is gone. Soon I will be the oldest one left in my personal family. The family tree is inverting. Once I was a little leaf on my family branch. Soon I will be the truck supporting the extending network. Odd feeling. To be the elder. Never considered this.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I want to see more of his spiderman poses, he is so cute and funny! And I agree, you never realize how much your grandkids look up to you, same for nieces and nephews, too.