Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in Vancouver - Part One

Christmas with little ones is the BEST!


Everything is exciting and special to them. It doesn't take a lot of money to make their day. It so much fun as a parent to see them so happy and excited about their long -awaited surprises. Until you have your own kids, you don't have a clue of the emotions that run through your heart as you watch their delight at each box they open.

It was Ericka's first Christmas when I experienced that phenomena. I was SO excited about her gifts that I didn't even realize I hadn't opened mine. I didn't need to. There was nothing in a box that was going to make me as happy as her smiles.

I saw that look on Ericka and Jared's faces Christmas morning.




I love OUR family get-togethers. They always are fun. When I used to go to my in-law's (the parents of the kids' dad) as a young mother, the get-togethers always ended the same way. There was too much alcohol. Tempers and voices rose. Angry words were said. Feeling were hurt. Old issues were re-hashed and it was never fun. We left swearing never to do it again - but we did. I'd never been around a family like that.

Our family? The pictures speak for themselves....















1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I feel that kids will definitely make our christmases more fun and fullfilling and rewarding. We wish we could have enjoyed the kids excitment for the season.