Saturday, March 21, 2009

Meet the Bocks

Tom had several things on his wish list for this trip but tonight was the completion of one of mine. I got to visit with "Elder Bock" and his family. Aren't they cute? We had several favorite missionaries while we were in St. Helens, but Elder Bock was always MY favorite.


We kept in touch with him throughout his mission, somewhat. And this is the first time I've gotten to see him since he's come home to California. His wife, Katie, is a teacher and lucky enough to be able to work full-time AND stay home with their little girl.

And she WAS the entertainment for the evening! She is normally afraid of men with beards, but had no problem warming up to Tom and playing with him through the dinner. What a cutie! The two of them pounded on the table, shook things, played with the spoons, made faces and covered parts of their faces all evening. I wish I had videoed it.

Notice the sippy cup in front of Emma. Notice the red bottle upside down on the table at the bottom of the picture, in the middle. When Emma would shake her sippy cup, Tom grab the catsup and copy her. She LOVED it. She would go from thing to thing, waiting for Tom to copy her. It was hysterical.

They are a sweet couple and patient parents. It was fun evening. I love that the Gospel makes families like this possible. I love that we can have enduring friendships through our shared faith and principles. I love that his mother gave him up for two years so that he could bless the lives of so many people. And I love that Katie let an couple of strangers get to know her and share an evening with her family.

You guys made my trip!

No comments: