Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chrissy's Beads

Here's what I've come up with so far with the beads Chrissy sent me. Here's your preview, Redhot!

I re-strung this one and added the barrel aqua bead to the necklace.


This is some of the greens I got in Moreno Valley.


This is the re-strung version of the necklace that started all this madness. I saw these badge lanyards at the local hospital gift shop before Christmas. I got a couple and my girls liked them. They were a little spendy to buy individually and I thought "I could make those...." Now I have 30 pounds of beads......(jk!!)

I like this better - it's not so heavy and gave me enough flower beads left over to make a pink/coral version! (not strung yet)

This is what I came up with for the frosted beads. Hope you like it, Chrissy .

Funny how the color changes depending on the background!

This is my favorite. I wouldn't have picked the beads on my own, but I ended up loving them. That's the fun of sharing and getting others advice and taste. I won't have been that daring and I love the look!

These beads are just beautiful with all the marbling in them. They are about the size of watermelon seeds and just gorgeous.

6 comments:

Arya said...

I miss beading and reading your posts about it is making me get the itch to go and buy up some beads and get back into the swing of things...I always enjoyed making earings and necklaces...I should never have gotten rid of my collection...lol

I love seeing your creations!

Coastalgrannie said...

I have a friend who has promised to help me learn some more things to do. She does a lot with abalone and turquiose - very native american. She follows them spiritually as well. Neat lady. I haven't done earrings yet. don't wear them. I'm hoping Eva Marie will help me with more skills as well. Thanks for the comments. I feel funny posting the necklaces. But it's the quickest way to share them with Chrissy. I think your miniatures look fun too! My eyesight would be challenged though if I tried that. I'd be working without my glasses all the time. I;m so nearsighted, its pitiful.

Silver Surfer said...

I like your blog.. but your beading is so fresh and I love the colors..
Yes i agree beading is a disease.. I caught it about 10 months ago..
I am just starting into wire work..

Chrissy said...

I love them!!! I knew you would be able to put them together beautifully and I wasn't disappointed at all!! I can't wait to get them and to also go buy new beads and send them to you! Thank you so much for doing that, it makes it fun for me too, to send you beads and see what you create with them.

Coastalgrannie said...

Thanks for the note, silver surfer! It fun to share a common interest! And surprising to hear such nice things! Thanks again.

Roberto J. said...

I'm so jealous of your supplies.... you just can't get good stuff here, it's all second hand crap. Wow can't wait to see you. Just a warning we probably wont sleep the night. TOO MANY BEADS SO LITTLE TIME!!!!

Love youEm