Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Beading is a Disease....

And I am afraid I have caught it!

A month ago, I broke down and bought some more beads. This is what my supply looked like then.



This is what it looks like now:


When I started home from our trip (after finding the Super Joanne's Craft store in Moreno Valley), I could hardly fit my collection in the duffel bag I had brought for the trip. (Don't leave home with them....) Tom swears he hurt his back just lifting it into the van.

I tried something I had seen a friend wearing - combining wire work with beads. If you look, you can see the wire wrapped around the base of the threading hook. I liked the look and wanted to try it. I'm not totally happy with the colors in the necklace yet, but I really like the pendant effects.



I re-strung one of my first projects, the jade and jasper beads. I wanted it a little longer and wanted to give it the appearance of having knots between the beads. I really like how it turned out. I don't know how to do the knots yet, but the small black beads did what I hoped they would.



I made this as an experiment. I wanted a "classy" basic necklace and ended up liking the result more than I thought I would. I have gotten compliments when I wore it.

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow. Chrissy sent me some beads that she picked out and asked me to string them for her. I'm excited with her choices and what I've come up with so far.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love them, your second version of your jade necklace looks so great! And I like the pendant effect, too. And the classy look worked!

Roberto J. said...

I needed ideas thanks. Hope you don't mind if I steal your beautiful designs.
Love Em