Friday, January 16, 2009

Spring is Coming!

Back in October, I knew the "dark" was coming. I spent a day planting bulbs.

It was a beautiful day when they were planted. We are enjoying the same type of weather this week. I decided to check them again. I now have proof that spring is coming - perhaps sooner here than other places. I can handle the rain and wind that might be coming - I have crocus growing! This is the strawberry pot I wrote about. I planted daffodils and tulips in the top. The crocus was planted in the little "balconies." One has emerged.




I planted two basins of crocus.




As a mortal being, my memory is short. I get depressed when the days get short and there is mostly darkness. The storms wear on me. Our lovely ocean view often gets obscured. Sometimes the waves grow large and threatening.

And then a little bulb pops out of the ground. The promise of spring - and bigger promises come to mind.

First come the crocus. Then daffodils and tulips. The trees start blooming. The forest turns a thousand shades of green as each tree spouts new leaves in its own turn.

Then comes Easter. What a wonderful plan.

No comments: