Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday -Sunday

Ever have one of those periods when EVERY thing falls apart? It's like a spiral-effect. Things aren't going well. I start feeling depressed and frustrated, which adds negative energy, which saps all my intiative. Everything starts looking hopeless.

I find myself in this cycle over and over. And the answer is always the same. I am becoming casual with Deity. My grasp on temperal success depends on my dedication to spiritual things. Truly. The routine, mandane things build spiritual strength. Provides armor against the attacks of the Advisary. Mine has been growing thin. Now I am just talking about routine prayers and scripture reading. But reducing those leaves me vunerable. The power of the scriptures in my life can not be over-stated.

When I was working nights at the plant, I would get scared - unless I studied my scriptures. I saw it over and over. Still I forget.

We are going to the temple. There is ALWAYS adversity when you are preparing eternal covenants. ALWAYS. I KNOW that. I was even thinking that. Still I wasn't prepared for the direction from which it came.

Somehow, the Spirit got that through to me yesterday. Thank God. Whatever would we do without the Atonement.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love you, hope everything is going okay. We wish we could be there :(

Ericka said...

I like this background better. See you soon.