Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cookie, Cookie - Which is the Best Cookie?

I found these two totally decadent chocolate chip cookies recipes (did I mention Tom and I started going to Weight Watchers again? If you can't eat, you might as well surf for recipes!)

Since we are practicing self discipline - I'm putting out a request for samplers. Try these two recipes and let me know which one is the best, in your opinion. If I am going to break it down and figure out the points - I want it to be for the best cookie. When the sugar craving gets too bad, I will have a recipe in reserve. There are days when I am perfectly willing to eat salads and veggie soup to trade for a good cookie!

Here we go:

Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Annette Brower
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 ¾ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3 c. oatmeal
12 oz. chocolate chips, more or less

Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes




Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Kris Smith
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco
1/4 milk
1 egg
2 2/3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
(I always add about 2 cups chocolate chips)


Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

No comments: