Thursday, August 21, 2008

Moving On

I'm done pouting over my summer fun being over.

I REALLY like spending time with my kids - call me crazy. They arranged their visits so I had something fun ALL summer long. Saying good-bye to the first visitors wasn't as hard as saying good-bye to the last ones. In June and July, there was still August.

As August dribbles away, all I could think of was the shortening daylight (living above the 45th parallel, we are lucky to get 8 hours of daylight in the winter), the rains starting again (if you don't get an annual rainfall of five to six FEET of rain a year, you won't understand) and not being able to take much more time off from work for a while.

In my wallowing, somehow I forgot about my two new grand-babies about to make their entrance next month. BAD Grandma! They will too far away to do all the "grandma things" I wish I could, but I will do what I can and look forward to better possibilities in the future.

I was also regretting how long it will be before Tom and I can get away alone again. It was something we have never really done before. We never had even flown on a plane together. How sad is that? It was like a mini-honeymoon. Truly wonderful for our relationship. Something we will repeat. Couples NEED couple-time. Too bad it took us 15 years to see how wonderful it was.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

You have Christmas to look forward too. That will be a lot of fun. Faith's baptism is in 2 1/2 weeks too. Love you and see you soon.

Coastalgrannie said...

I AM looking forward to that! I hadn't forgotten. Christmas is too far away to help right now - it's just how I am. Rain and darkness and storms - will come before that. Pumps will fail. I'll be wet and cold, working outside before Christmas. I want MORE summer! But - will be happy with the exciting things coming next month!!