Saturday, August 2, 2008

BURGERS!


A week from today I am hoping to have over-dosed on In-N-Out Burgers! This chain of drive-ins has a history. AND a secret menu! It has a dedicated fan-base and is part of the Southern California culture. (Try Googling the name as an image search and you'll see how many people blog about these burgers!)

It used to be a regional franchise of Southern California but has now spread to Nevada and Arizona. How sad is it that I know where to find the closest In-N-Out to our present In-N-Out-free location? (Redding, CA, in case you are interested - and yes, we HAVE talked about going there on a long weekend. Just for the burgers) How sad is THAT??

I haven't eaten there in TEN years and that has been a source of ridicule (Thanks Bock!) and envy (Thanks Samara, Chrissy AND Tom - who HAVE)

This deficiency WILL end.

We are flying to Arizona for a wedding next week. Besides getting to see a very special guy (one of our adopted kids) marry a very special girl - we will have In-N-Out - oh, yeah, and Bass Pro Shop. This must be some kind of a Mecca....

3 comments:

Ericka said...

I'm so jealous that you get to eat there! It's probably been 9yrs since I ate there, maybe longer. Who knows when I'll get to have another one!

Chrissy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Don't lose Tom in the bass shop...we'd like to see him when we come out.

Your Tigarino growed at me.

Coastalgrannie said...

He's hungry - you have to feed him. Click the little tab at the bottom and a steak will pop up. Click on it and you can feed it to him. If you hold down the curser while on him, he will purr. My kids are gone. I have no pets. Desperate times call for desperate measures...