Thursday, February 19, 2009

Psycho Says Hi

Psycho has been almost friendly to me since I started staying home.



He sit quietly under his cover in the mornings, until he hears my voice talking to Tom. Then he starts making noises. I have started uncovering him in the mornings. I fold the cover and open his cage. Then I get him a Cheezit cracker. He loves them. He knows the box when we take it out of the cupboard. He sees the red box and he starts hopping all over and chirping. We stick it into his seed dish and he hops right down and starts chowing down.

We have made some changes in the room. We got a good tax return and it arrived in time for a special customer appreciation sale at the local furniture store. We got a great deal on two new recliners. I got Tom one when we were living in Hermiston, but I have never had my own chair before.

Here's what it looked like in the store:

Mine is leather and a little darker than I would have picked out myself, but I LOVE it. It is so comfy! Both have nice firm seats and are set up a higher off the floor than his old one. Makes it easier to get out of. Mine rocks as well. I would have liked to get a swivel-rocker-recliner, but am very happy with it being a rocker. It's perfect for me.

We got free delivery and they hauled off our old sofa bed for free as well. Here's what Tom's looks like:

He lost his little compartments in the arms and all the goodies, but it's a much nicer chair structure-wise. When he sits in it, his feet barely touch the floor! It's huge. And SOOO comfortable!

We did some re-arranging and like the new set up. We still have our office area, but we stacked the bookcases and moved my craft boxes over by the window by my side of the bed.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

They look so comfy!

Chrissy said...

I like them! Now you both have a comfortable place to sit! I updated my blog, by the way. It's a long one.