Saturday, February 28, 2009

Projects


When we moved into my Mom's house, I gave my granddaughter my collection of beads. I figured I wouldn't have the time or space to play with them. She said then, "You like beads don't you, Grandma?" Yep. I do. And I haven't given them up. Here is my current collection:



This is my most expensive project - I made it for myself. Jade and polished jasper. Jade because I like the color. Jasper because I like rocks! And it reminded me of Utah and Survival. We used jasper as our flint in making flint and steel fires. I have several pieces I collected while living in Hanksville, UT.



I love the translucent quality.


Here are my leftovers from prior necklaces. Too pretty to discard. I'll find a way to use them.



I put these together and will make my next projects of of these. I like seed beads - I grew up in the 60's, remember. Love beads. I like to mix other beads with them. I want to find some juniper berries. Another Survival memory. They called them ghost beads and they are in a lot of Native American jewelry.



Here are my latest necklaces.









I have finished two lap-size afghans as well. (It's a sickness....)




That's not all I have been up to, either. I have been working on the quiet book again. I'm creating my own pages, based on the Book of Mormon. I'll post on that later. I want to do a quiet book with a gospel focus.

1 comment:

Ericka said...

I can't wait to see the quiet book pages! The necklaces are very pretty.