Saturday, May 1, 2010

Random Thoughts

I haven't been keeping this blog current. I have many things on my mind, but have been keeping my thoughts private. That isn't really working out too well for me. I need to process them and for me that involves writing.

So - here I go again.

Since last fall, there have been a series of developments that have been basically awful. Not everything. But there have been "significant events" that, if delivered one at a time, would have been difficult to deal with. But no - they came pancaking down and I struggled. I guess I went to survival mode and withdrew.

I was given a really good analogy. There's a saying that goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonaid." And I think that is what I initially did. But it kept going on and on. My sweet daughter-in-law was feeling the same. She posted on facebook "I'm tired of making lemonaid..." I laughed AND cried. I knew exactly what she was saying.

So - there we are. Lemons get delivered - we start cutting them up and trying to make lemonaid. And they keep coming. Boxes of them. And then they start bring in limes. We say - "Wait, I'm still working on the lemons..." And they drop them off any way.

We are running out of buckets to put the lemons in, when the next delivery arrives - of grapefruits! "Ah - could you hold off just a minutes - we are still working on the lemons - and the limes are waiting..." Crash! The crate of grapefruits hits the floor. Before the dust has settled, the next truck is backing in with the barrels of sauerkraut!

I"M NOT KIDDING!

How can you cope with ONE thing, when the calamities just keep piling up??

No comments: