Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Flower Update

I found this rail-mounted basket at WalMart. I like it because it hangs from adjustable clamps that attach to the rail rather than being mounted on top of it. It has been the best color spot I created this summer. Tom and I liked it so well, we went back and bought enough to put one between each of the posts for next year. The petunias have just avalanched over the rail and down the front!



This view shows our little "apartment" windows -

This shot is looking north towards the driveway -

I just love how they turned out! I visit them every morning! Next year the whole deck rail will be decorated! I was telling Tom we should plant red, white and deep purple/blue next year - then when the 4th of July came, we'd already be color appropriate!





No comments: