Friday, July 24, 2009

Painting Finished

Our "guest room" is in the back of the house and faces the hillside. It never gets direct sunlight.

It has always been the off-white color from when it was built, twenty some years ago. I wanted color in there. Tom and I chose blue and green - bolder rather than pastel. I was trying to use the existing bedspread for my colors. We had the brown carpet and yellow furniture to factor in.

I wasn't sure I liked it until we completely done. I kept looking at that green and hoping it would tone down a little. I didn't like how much yellow had been in the room before, but I think the yellow goes much better now. We were considering getting rid of the chair, but we are going to keep it.

The room is much less crowded with the extra bookcase out. It's amazing how big that room really is! This shot is looking out towards the living room.


I like the blue, green, yellow and brown together.


My problem now is trying to fit what came out back into the room. I am only going to use those that coordinate with the colors. That means a lot of stuff is going to stay in boxes! I really like the way the globe goes with the rooms colors!

2 comments:

Ericka said...

It looks great!

Cati said...

The colors work good together, This is Cati by the way... send me your email I will send you an invite to my blog... not as fancy as yours.. good job in the room.