Saturday, October 16, 2010

Craft Fair - Baldwin City, Kansas

I spent the day with my cousin, Ardie, exploring probably the biggest craft fair I've ever seen. I naively imaged the proportions of, maybe, a city park with booths, etc. Baldwin is an out-of-the -way small town southwest of my hometown of Lenexa, Kansas. It is the home of Baker University. How big could their craft fair BE??


This big:




I walked MILES! and loved every minute of it! Ardie and I had so much fun, but I don't think it was just the craft fair. I think we would have fun doing anything AND nothing. The pace in Kansas is just different. The weather was amazing - hot, but with a constant breeze that made it so pleasant; clear, sunny skies ( I thought I was in an alien environment...), among friendly, outgoing people.
Picked up some samples of crocheted items that I think would be fun to make and marketable next year. Drooled over jewelry. Marveled over the sheer volume of talent on display.
All in all - an exceptional day!






No comments: